7 Tips to avoid the Coronavirus and still get out on the course
It is still safe to golf!! In fact, the wide-open outdoors (and warmer weather in some places) can be the perfect place to be. It doesn’t matter if you’re playing at a private golf club or the local muni; generally speaking, you’re not in contact with large groups of people. Unless you do it differently than I do; its not really a contact sport.
We are still learning more about the virus every day and just how contagious it really is but with all of the reports coming out 6 feet seems to be the magic number in terms of your separation to stop passing it around. There are a few little things you can do to eliminate the spread of germs.
Here are my top tips:
- If you have the option, give walking a try. Golf is a whole different game when you walk and it certainly makes it easier to keep that “flag pole” length from your buddies. If you are still riding with your friends/playing partners try popping into the bathrooms as they are available and give your hands a scrub.
- Avoid picking up your paying partners’ clubs around the green. It’s a nice gesture, but it is unnecessary.
- Putt with the flagpole in so you don’t have to worry about who has touched it previously.
- Elbow bumps are a great way to celebrate a good shot. No need to high five.
- Don’t share cigars or flasks. If you are a fan of ‘birdie-juice’ then have each of your buddies bring their own.
- Square up at the end of the round with Venmo, Paypal, or Zelle. Cash is filthy anyway even without the virus floating around on it.
- Lastly, if you’re feeling sick; just don’t play. This is more important than ever now.
When this is all over I cant wait to see you at a top 100 course or hear about your golf vacation. Stay safe and I’ll see you on the course!
**I am not a Dr and this is not actual medical advice.
Epic Foundation, a 501(C)(3) nonprofit founded by Epic Golf Club, continues to make a positive impact in the community SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., – Epic Foundation, a charitable organization established by Epic Golf Club, is proud to announce its continued commitment to...
Thank you Ryan Madrid for the great talk on Into The Storm Podcast!
Are you a member of a private golf club but want to play other top courses around the country and world?
Have you exhausted many of your current contacts and connections limiting where else you can play?
Do you like playing golf with like-minded and highly successful professionals who share your love of the game?
Is it your dream to play the top 100 golf courses in America?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then you need to get to know…
Epic Golf Club and Set Jet Partner to Offer Modern Luxury SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Jan. 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Private golf society, Epic Golf Club (EGC), announced today it will be partnering with Set Jet, an exclusive private jet membership, offering their members...
Golf is such a great and pure game that it can be played walking the fairways alone and still be wonderfully enjoyable. However, it’s also pretty great fleecing your buddies for a wad of cash or hearing the Venmo buzz to show some new money in the account. This…
Epic Golf Club held the first annual Desert Shootout golf tournament to benefit the well-deserving and incredible charity Make-A-Wish Arizona at the high-end private golf club, Firerock Country Club. The event was pack full of fun, fundraising, and friends. With all…